If that dress you’re wearing right now is too good to be stained, then it’s time for a stain cleaning solution. The best way to remove a stain from a cloth is by using hydrogen peroxide or activated charcoal. If neither of these is available or seems to work on the stain you got, you can always opt for dry cleaning services. But it is best to get rid of a stain as long as it is fresh and still wet.
You do not want your expensive dress to soak up and dry on a stain and become permanent. With an expert in services like dry cleaners and laundries, you can easily get rid of the toughest stain spoiling your favourite dress. Though home-based methods take a bit more time, their worth in saving that perfect outfit outweighs their inconvenience. You can also find more info at floorcleaningtools.
How to Remove A Stain at Home
It may seem like a tough task to start with, but with some simple tips and a step by step procedure, you can easily tackle the toughest stain. To start with, you can follow these steps as mentioned below.
- Soak a cloth in a bowl of room temperature water with equal parts hydrogen peroxide and liquid dish soap.
- Squeeze out excess water, wring it out, and press the cloth firmly on the stain with a clean cloth or paper towel while you apply the peroxide and dish soap mixture on top of it.
- In a few minutes, following the directions your cleaning solution was packaged with, your stain should be completely removed.
- Rinse the garment under warm running water by itself before you wash it and put it in the dryer to remove any residual peroxide or soap from your clothes.
- Wash it alone on the hand or gentle cycle and remove it from the machine to air dry.
If your stain isn’t completely gone after washing, you can use activated charcoal to make it go away. It’s not always sold in stores, but you can buy some online or have a pharmacy make it up for you. Get a large bowl, fill it with warm water, and mix in three tablespoons of activated charcoal per gallon of water until the colour is even throughout. Place the fabric in the bowl and let it soak for five minutes before gently rubbing the stain with a clean cloth or paper towel soaked in plain water.
Our Dry Cleaners Effective In Removing Stains?
If the dry cleaning establishment you are taking your dress to uses state of the art equipment and proper fabric care solutions, then there is no reason for them not to remove even the most stubborn of stains from your clothes. Their services may be expensive, but it’s better than getting a brand new dress every time you get a small stain on yours. Your experience with dry cleaning services depends on whether you chose a well class dry cleaner. Make sure to check reviews and ratings of offline and online dry cleaning services in the area to get the best hands at work.